Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Why do we have to choose sides? Kelley


I was cleaning house last night listening to the TV in the background, the reporter was discussing how democrats were doing this and republicans were doing that. UGH I realize this has been going on for a long time, but when are we really going to stop with all this partisan talk and start trying to work together?

I'll readily admit I am a democrat. But that doesn't mean I will not listen to both sides of the argument. I'm a believer in doing what is right for all, not just one party, one group of people or one side in general. I want to hear all the facts on decisions being made for me, my family and my nation. It is our civic duty to make sure we have all the facts before we jump on a bandwagon and start accusing one another of being underhanded, lying, or unfair.

There are many items that should be addressed by our government officials healthcare, social security, taxes, and the list goes on. Now I don't claim to have the answers on any of the above, but I do know that as a nation we need to try to find ways to make the changes to all of these issues in the best interest of our people. I don't feel that mudslinging, scare tactics and finger pointing gets the job done. I am willing to put my party's "label" away to make sure we accomplish what needs to be done, are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment