Friday, September 25, 2009

Obama'd Out - Rachel

So I'm reading Anne Kornblut's article in last Saturday's Washington Post dedicated to Obama taking on the TV circuit....again.

I get he's pushing for health care reform and maybe (gasp) we need a little, but seeing his prime time mug every few days is wearing me out. The more I see him, the less important I think his presence is.

Don't you remember, as a child, sitting on the floor wide-eyed when the President of the United States was addressing the nation? I remember Reagan after the Challenger tragedy, Bush Sr. after bombing Iraq, Clinton after the Cole attack, and of course, Bush Jr. after 9/11. Such wonderment I felt for these men in leadership, guiding our country out of dark shadows.

Now appears Obama...after one, two, three press conferences, special reports and joint Congressional addresses, the awe is gone. The urgency is gone - and with that, the importance of what he is saying is gone.

We need to see less of his baby face and more realistic plans for this great country. He has been in office 248 days, 8 hours and 19 minutes and, yep, I am so totally Obama'd Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment